Rooftop Raiser Rooftop Raiser

girl

It looks like she's wearing a diaper.

Depict1 Depict1

Amazing.

Fucking awesome.

Solid game with a great concept and consistently interesting twists. Incredible presentation: the true understanding and the irony of each misleading concept is completely clear, and oftentimes hilarious.

Layer Maze Layer Maze

ugh

Way too much at once, not enough time to ease into it, and a confusing execution of a decent idea. I was having fun when there were two layers, and 3 layers I could've handled, but beyond that, I was just grabbing at straws and starting to forget what was what, what buttons to press, etc etc.

Simple is best. You got it down in the visuals but the design needs some love.

EON EON

fantastic

This is a wonderful game. Excellent atmosphere, I love it!

Invisible Runner Invisible Runner

'eh

It's an okay idea but it runs with the assumption that your movement engine is solid and intuitive which it isn't. Even when I was visible I didn't understand how I wasn't making jumps or I was confused how I got stuck on the side of a platform or something.

VVVVVV Demo VVVVVV Demo

Wow

Absolutely fantastic, you are truly remarkable. I'm so utterly enamored with this game.

The Scale of the Universe The Scale of the Universe

Awesome.

Great idea. I'm forever indebted to you for this wonderfully comprehensive reference guide.

When Pigs Fly When Pigs Fly

Great game

Wonderful game. Had a great time playing it. My only qualm would be that there wasn't really much to look at. It could be argued that the heart of the game is navigating through the stages but every so often the navigation becomes automatic and I find myself zoning out to the samey backgrounds. I stayed in the submarine room for several seconds just to look at the submarine, it felt like such a gem in an otherwise bland world.

3000 AD 3000 AD

Cool.

Very cool, very easy and fun, but NEEDS to be faster. It's very slow for no reason. If there's a penalty for wanting to speed the game up you're doing it wrong.

Roger's Magic 8 Ball Roger's Magic 8 Ball

Good.

Fun, nicely done. I have some issues, though.

People complain about not knowing where the ball needs to be in order to hit it. I too ran into this problem once or twice. If you need to view instructions for something like this that should be intuitive, you're doing it wrong. This is an issue that needs to be looked at.

The game is kind of dark and the ball is small and dark as well. I had a hard time tracking the ball most of the time, especially since the explosions are also huge. Breakout is a very exacting game and the fact that the blocks are people, while goofy and entertaining, makes the gameplay lack. I didn't know where I should hit, what I should aim for, and at times I was sure I hit one but realized, no, it just flew right through him.

The idea of the charge up kick is really nice and it works really well but I think everything else is done wrong. You should do some re-designing and design some more levels, too. I would suggest dropping the humans thing unless you can make the hitboxes a little more obvious.

FleckoGold responds:

I don't know how much more 'intuitive' I can make it. When the ball gets near you, you release the A button to kick it. People still complain, hence the ridiculously specific instructions. If you release a fully charged kick and it hits nothing, to come speeding back at you, that's a hazard, you should watch out for those.

I'm sorry I made an obviously challenging game. I should of made things like the popular games, like final fantasy, where it's impossible to lose and fills the user up with the feeling of "I'm a winner!" and makes them forget that they are living in their grandmother's basement. (I play final fantasy, lol) But I'll keep that in mind next time and stick to the mindless paddle.

I'll stop with the ranting while I realize I'm doing so. I admit that its not the best game in the world, but I'm doin' my best with what I'm learning in AS, so what else can I do?

As far as the targets being missed, I agree that it's frustrating. But it provides a few more seconds of game play! :D (Aim for their core and heads)

Thanks for the review!